Lisa A. Durham
Environmental Restoration Team Lead
Environmental Restoration Team
DegreeM.S., Geosciences, Purdue University, 1989.
Current RolePrincipal Environmental Engineer; responsible for programs, projects, and research associated with geoenvironmental analyses.
CapabilitiesExpertise and research interests in soil and groundwater investigations, data analysis, and interpretation; modeling to support characterization and remediation at hazardous waste sites; innovative remediation technologies.
- Argonne project leader: Formerly Utilized Sites Remedial Action Program (FUSRAP) sites for multiple U.S. Army Corps of Engineers District offices; DOE West Valley Demonstration Project (WVDP).
- Principal investigator: Characterization, remediation, and closure of contaminated FUSRAP sites; environmental characterization for WVDP decommissioning; lead on contaminated-soil-volume estimation and web-based data management tools.
- Developer/manager: Innovative technical approaches for environmental site characterization and remediation; real-time technologies and visualization tools to enhance soil and groundwater investigations.
- Women in Science and Technology (WIST): Member of Argonne’s WIST steering committee to recruit, retain, and promote women; chair for numerous outreach activities.
- Recognition: 2012 WIST Diversity Award; University of Chicago Strategic Laboratory Leadership Program participant.