IT Network Administration/Security Specialist/GIS Administrator
Operations and Financial
DegreeB.A. Information Systems, Trinity Christian College, 2007.
Current RoleNetwork/Systems Administrator, Environmental Science Division, with responsibility for managing advanced systems supporting roughly 250 users nationwide and off-site projects.
CapabilitiesNetworking and system administration, including geographic information systems (GIS) and virtual computing; cyber security; emerging technologies.
- Cyber security representative: Use of best practices to secure the network, applications, and developed scripts/code; identify and repair vulnerabilities; implement defense against intruders.
- System administration: Manage various system types; troubleshoot complex problems and provide technical assistance; coordinate with computer support team.
- Network administration: : Manage networks on- and off-site (wireless, telecom, and data); manage development from conception to fully operational network at remote locations.
- GIS administration: Manage and oversee ESRI ArcGIS servers used for critical projects; oversee licensing.
- Virtual computing: Design and implementation of high availability, robust, highly expandable, micro “cloud.”
- Emerging technologies: Use of new and emerging available technologies; application of innovative ideas to spearhead creative growth.