Environmental Scientist/Team Lead
Cultural and Visual Resources Team
DegreeM.L.A., Landscape Architecture, University of Illinois, 1988.
Current RoleEnvironmental Scientist; Cultural and Visual Resources Team Leader.
CapabilitiesResearch in visual impact assessment and mitigation for utility-scale energy systems; application of geospatial methods and technology to visual impact analysis; web site and software design and development; information architecture.
- Principal investigator: System design and development for visual impact risk assessment and mitigation mapping and for offshore renewable energy visualization; visual impacts of solar, wind, and electric transmission systems and utility-scale energy systems; night sky impacts; visual impact mitigation handbook development. Co-lead for wind energy development planning analysis and environmental impact statement (EIS).
- Visual impact analyst: EISs for onshore and offshore wind energy, solar energy, electric and pipeline transmission, uranium leasing, hydropower dam management, and oil shale and tar sand development.
- Web site and software designer: More than 20 environmental web sites and 5 software systems.
- Consultant: National Park Service, visual impact assessment evaluation for utility-scale renewable energy projects.
- Award recipient: Federal Engineering Applications Award; Argonne Directors Award; three Argonne Pacesetter Awards.